Cmhts — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cmhts

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
@hannah_scope
I have written to both as you suggested
Hope they will take it up as not just happening to me, must be happening up a d down the country and put that in one of the emails
So hope it might change attitudes long term
Let you know what they say
Thanks Hannah

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Bettahm Hopefully they get back to you soon and not only get some answers but get some support too <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @Bettahm Hopefully they get back to you soon and not only get some answers but get some support too <3 
    @Hannah_Scope
    Yes support and help with my conditions is what I want. Help with what I need help with, not what they think I need help with.
    I am not a social person and find being around people psychologically distressing because of the autism so do not want to be 'socially included' 
    Just want to be accepted for what I am, I'm nuerodivergent, not demon possessed or something.
    A little understanding, more tolerance and patience for us.
    But I have no family or friends so do need support in areas I need it.
    Also waiting to hear from a referral, finally, after reporting my gp to pals, they have done to the pain management clinic for my scoliosis. Will keep Scope updated on all.
    Thanks
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You absolutely deserve to have your needs acknowledged, heard and met @Bettahm, just as anyone else does too. I'm also neurodivergent (autistic) and appreciate how far acceptance and support go - rather than being made to 'fit in' with who and how other people think we should be. Please let us know how the referral goes! And if there's anything else we can do to help in the meantime, please give us a shout - we are all here for you and will help however we best can  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    You absolutely deserve to have your needs acknowledged, heard and met @Bettahm, just as anyone else does too. I'm also neurodivergent (autistic) and appreciate how far acceptance and support go - rather than being made to 'fit in' with who and how other people think we should be. Please let us know how the referral goes! And if there's anything else we can do to help in the meantime, please give us a shout - we are all here for you and will help however we best can  :)
    @L_Volunteer
    Guess as I've masked all my life no one knows my true self maybe not even me. But for sure it has led to most of my mh problems. Trying to be authentically autistic, or just be me, but that mask slips back on so easily. It has led to alcohol abuse in the past, something I would never get into again, but think because of the psychological distress of trying to cope. You slip up eventually then people call you weird among other things. Well guess you've been through it too. But cant believe how mental health professionals and health professionals in general cant deal with, understand, or make allowances for autistic people. 
    Thanks for the support. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.