Self Employment & UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Self Employment & UC

WinterGirl4 Community member Posts: 15 Connected

my dad is moving from WTC to UC relatively soon. He’s been self employed for a long time. He sometimes don’t earn nothing sometimes earns a bit. 

However, will he be exempt from the MIF for the first 12 months of his claim? 

He is also disabled (claims on going award for PIP) so he will be submitting fit notes to trigger the WCA for LCWRA. 

He’s absolutely worried to death! That he won’t be entitled to UC?! 

Please anyone, help. Poppy, I’m reaching out to you girl ☹️☹️x



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.