Tribunal... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal...

Options
cheekylittlekoala
cheekylittlekoala Community member Posts: 117 Courageous
edited October 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am taking DWP to Tribunal for UC WC

What are everyone's experience good or bad with taking DWP to court?

Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,575 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @cheekylittlekoala!  Good on you for going through with the tribunal!  It can seem hugely daunting, but it's well worth going for. 

I can only speak of my own experiences with tribunals regarding PIP.  But both times they were all super supportive and listened to me like a human being. So worlds apart from the DWP assessments. 

And both times I won. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • casra
    casra Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    Hi,

I have just gone through it and proved the DWP were wrong in their assessment of determining I should be in the LCW instead of LCWRA.  It was a long wait to be put in front of the tribunal panel but all in all pretty straightforward.  Good luck to you!
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cheekylittlekoala Good luck! Keeping everything crossed and please let us know how you get on :) We are here if you need to talk or vent <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cheekylittlekoala
    cheekylittlekoala Community member Posts: 117 Courageous
    Options
    How long does it take for DWP to respond?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,878 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How long does it take for DWP to respond?

It depends. They will be given a deadline by HMCTS but they don't always respond by that time. It will be extended if they don't respond. They will eventually respond.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.