LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA

Options
tattyted68
tattyted68 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited October 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Morning everyone. I got awarded LWCRA on 31st September 2023, and on my UC statement of which my next payment is due on 13th October, they have added the element to my entitlement an extra £390.06, does anyone know how long backdated pay takes to come, I put my first sick certificate in on 25th April, my assessment period is from 7th/6th of each month, and I get paid on the 13th of each month. I had my assessment on 25th September, and got awarded LWCRA on 31st September 2023. Thank you 
Tagged:

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Back payments can take several weeks to process, this is entirely dependant on your Case Managers workload. However, as a general rule allow up to 8 weeks before you take this further. Based on the above, you should be entitled to 2 months backdated arrears.
  • griffiths66
    griffiths66 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi I got awarded lwcra on the 15 September 23 I put my first sick note in on 29 th June my assessment period is 26 to 25th every month and I get paid on the 1st of the month I had extra element put on Octobers money am I entitled to any back money I don’t know if it’s a work allowance or it’s the element or are they the same 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,835 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I got awarded lwcra on the 15 September 23 I put my first sick note in on 29 th June my assessment period is 26 to 25th every month and I get paid on the 1st of the month I had extra element put on Octobers money am I entitled to any back money I don’t know if it’s a work allowance or it’s the element or are they the same 

Based on that information you will not be owed any money for the LCWRA element because October will have been your first payments. This is because there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. Payment is then made at the end of that 4th month, which for you is October's payment.

For the work allowance, this will only apply if you or a partner that you maybe claiming UC with are currently receiving earnings from working. If you're not working, you won't be owed anything.

If either of you are working and you didn't previously have the work allowance then this will apply from assessment period 26th June to 25th July and you will be owed some money.

The work allowance is basically an amount of earnings you can receive each month before the 55% deductions apply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • griffiths66
    griffiths66 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you yes my partner works we didn’t have a work allowance before  but there was extra on Octobers payment so didn’t know if I was entitled to back money but thank you it’s so confusing 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,835 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you yes my partner works we didn’t have a work allowance before  but there was extra on Octobers payment so didn’t know if I was entitled to back money but thank you it’s so confusing 

You're welcome. For the work allowance, if you claim help with the rent it will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month. Any money owed often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.