Hi, my name is leyanne! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is leyanne!

Options
leyanne
leyanne Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Was wondering if anyone could help me I’ve been awarded lcwra but haven’t had any payments yet I have been putting sick notes in since may I struggle to understand it all I got this today so do they owe me any money and when will I start getting the lcwra component x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,294 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I'm assuming that you reported your health condition/provided your first fit note on 17th May? Your assessment period dates are 14th to 13th of every month.

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra extra money is paid from the 4th month will first payment being the end of that 4th month. This is because UC is paid 1 month in arrears. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.

As you reported your fit note after the start of assessment period 14th May to 13th June, this month doesn't count because it's not a full month.

For this reason your waiting period is... June/July, July/August, Aug/Sept.... LCWRA element starts from assessment period 14th Sept to 13th Oct and first payment will be 20th Oct. No LCWRA element is owed. I hope this helps to understand it a little more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leyanne - & welcome to the community. This sounds about right. There are 3 full month's 'waiting period,' when the LCWRA element is not paid. It's then due from the 4th month, but, because this is paid in arrears, you won't receive this extra amount until the following month.
    So, the 3 full months are June - July, July - Aug, Aug -Sept, & payment is due from your assessment period 14 Sept -13 Oct (not the 15th Oct), & you'll receive you're LCWRA element on 20 Oct. You're not therefore owed any money.
  • leyanne
    leyanne Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    So much more helpful thanks for explaining. X 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,245 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @leyanne and welcome to the community from me too! 

I see you've been helped out by some of our superstar regulars, but if you need help with anything else, or just fancy chatting in the coffee lounge, don't hesitate to reach out. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.