Universal credit help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit help

Options
mand2269
mand2269 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Hi all looking for advice on my uc statement if possible can anyone help please ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What advice would you like?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @mand2269, what kind of thing do you need advice about? 

We have lots of helpful members and I'm sure they'll be able to share some wisdom with you. Just to mention, if you need to post pictures of your statements please make sure you cover any identifiable information like your full name or contact details :) Just let us know how we can help.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mand2269
    Options
    mand2269 said:
    Hi all looking for advice on my uc statement if possible can anyone help please ? 

• mand2269
    Options
    What advice would you like?

• poppy123456
    Options
    You will need to give some information for someone to be able to help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mand2269
    Options
    my uc statement doesn’t seem right although uc say it is 🤷‍♀️am I allowed to post my statement on here please ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can post the statement but please make sure that all your personal details such as name, NI number are all removed.

I also note that you're claiming New style ESA so this amount should be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.
  • mand2269
    Options
    I’m not clued up on how to do it poppy so if I can just tell you the figures & deductions would that be ok ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, that's fine.
  • mand2269
    Options
    standard allowance 368.74, housing 337.79 they will pay 53.18 to my housing association, minus 54.98 for spare bedroom deduction, 561.17 deduction for esa new style contribution, 31.06 advance payment deduction & 24.25 deduction for debt recovery. So nil award for uc , however I was awarded lcrwa last Monday but that’s not on my statement. Hope this helps .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    For the LCWRA element, there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time. When exactly did you start claiming UC?
  • mand2269
    Options
    I didn’t claim uc till July but claimed esa from 28th of June & I did get the higher rate of esa Friday just gone 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What date exactly in July did you claim UC?
  • mand2269
    Options
    I also got awarded 40 pounds uc for assessment period 14 th of July to 15th of September they said I was owed so will this entitle me to the col payment please ? Thanks 
  • mand2269
    Options
    14th of July 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Assessment periods (AP) last for 30 days. Your AP will be 15th to 14th of every month. The assessment period they look at for the CoL payment will be 15th August to 14th Sept so if you were entitled to a payment for 21st September then you're entitled to the £300.

For the LCWRA element you should receive the first payment in your next statement. This is because UC is paid 1 month in arrears. Please check your next statement when you receive it to make sure it's included.
  • mand2269
    Options
    Ok thanks 😊 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.