Universal credit carers element — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit carers element

Options
charl1980
charl1980 Community member Posts: 130 Courageous
I have just reported a change of circumstances careing for my partner on universal credit, I was on lcw and only occasionally had to go into jobcentre as I work 21 hours a week but am I'll and receive pip myself can anyone tel me what happens now please, thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,839 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to wait for a decision to be made on the carers element, once it has then it will be included in your next UC statement. This will increase your maximum UC entitlement by £185.86/month. As a carer you will have no work commiments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @charl1980 - if you're now caring for your partner, then you shouldn't have any work commitments, nor have to attend any appointments. The carer element is an additional £185.86 a month; I thought you claimed this last month tho? I'm sorry you're now ill.

• charl1980
    Options
    Does the jobcentre call me in as I've report I'm now careing or does it just get added? I eventually put my fears to one side and did it!!!! I'm now panicking they may call me in , but he's on full pip so hopefully it's straight forward enough!
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, you will not need to go to your local job centre. The carers element will just be included in your statement.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • charl1980
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    A claim for carers element is a very straight forward, simple process

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.