Hi, I'm Mogglie. Can I claim mobility component for sciatica? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Mogglie. Can I claim mobility component for sciatica?

Mogglie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Has anyone with sciatica received full PIP including mobility component? 


  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    Hey there @Mogglie and welcome to the community!  How are you today?

    I'll just  move your post into the PIP category so more people in the know will be able to see it. :)
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,230 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not awarded based on any diagnosis, whether there's any entitlement will depend on how far you're able to walk, regularly, reliably, without pain and discomfort. Everyone is affected differently by these conditions and you can't really compare 2 people.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.