If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip payment

Options
lauren96
lauren96 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi again sorry to be a pain I have already posted on here about winning my pip tribural , I called again today and I spoke to a man as I haven’t heard anything since going through the security questions about being in prison abroad etc he said they were the final checks it’s with the payment team he stated that it normally only takes 1 week to receive backdated pay after going through those questions so it’s been a week tomorrow since answering those questions I still haven’t received anything or a text or anything as anyone who suffers with mental health it’s extremely stressful i worry in case they appeal back to the tribunal I know I’m probably overthinking it as the man did say they was the final checks to release payment has anyone else experienced this if so how long after the prison, bank , and holiday questions did you receive your money … also do I get a text before receiving the money x
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s perfectly normal for it to take this long. DWP can’t just appeal a decision because they disagree, the same as us. They first have to request the Statement of Reasons and Record of Proceedings within 1 month of the date of the decision. Once they receive them they need to find an error in law before they can go any further. It’s very rare for them to appeal the decision.

I totally understand how stressful it is waiting but please try to focus on something else while you wait. It can still take up to 8 weeks to receive what is owed, regardless of the advice you’ve been given from the call centre. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lauren96
    lauren96 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you for replying these people that work for dwp just give you false hope I believe we’re do they even get there information from he was so certain I would receive my money by a week later after the questions very distressing 😫 will I receive a text message before I get my money do you think 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are not DWP staff, they are call centres. Very often they tell you what you want to hear because they really don’t have a clue. 

They don’t usually text you once the money is paid. If you don’t currently have an award in payment they may text you once the award is put into payment. Once money is sent then it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.

The best advice I can give you is not to ring them again because it’s only causing you more stress. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.