Child disability element and carers element backdate — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Child disability element and carers element backdate

Options
misssmith
misssmith Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi

how soon after the “your change of circumstances report for universal credit” arrives on your journal and have been decided they will pay you back what they owe, that your statements will change and do they send another letter to say what they owe? I reported the change ages ago and then last week I had a call to say they didn’t even do the change but managed to sort it out. Today received the two letters in my journal to say it’s been accepted and that my statements will be adjusted but they still the same. Last time they owned me they sent a letter and then a 20 mins later they sent a payment this was after 3pm. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,916 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So you've been awarded, which was what both letters told you, yes? If so then you now need to wait for your statements to be recalculated before they can pay what is owed. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much is owed and this it will be paid into your bank. It's not unsual for it to often take quite a few weeks for them to do this.

You may want to take copies of your existing statements because the new ones will replace them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • misssmith
    misssmith Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi,
    thank you for relying.

yes I’ve been accepted for back payments owed.  

Okay so just a waiting game for them now.

il take copies of my previous statements now.

thank you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.