Disability premium? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability premium?

ginny1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm sure I qualify for the disability premium from 2015. I've moved over to uc from esa raised the question in my journal but nobody has got back to me.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Which disability premium are you talking about? There's no disability premiums payable when claiming UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 1,483 Scope online community team
    Hi @ginny1234, welcome to our online community :) How are you doing today? Apart from this issue how did you find the transfer from ESA to UC?

    About the request, when did you ask in your journal? And are you talking about WCA/LCWRA? LCWRA is an extra payment if you are in that category. UC doesn't use the term "premium" like ESA did, I know it's quite a confusing system.
    They/Them, however they are no wrong pronouns with me so whatever you feel most comfortable with
    Online Community Specialist

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us. 
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions are my own, such as mashed potato being bad.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.