Newb with l1cwra querying. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newb with l1cwra querying.

Options
NJR3006
NJR3006 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello all. Just looking for some guidance. 
End of July I handed a backdsted fit note from when i left work the fit note started 15/5/23. For 6 month. I got regular UC payments 6th September, 6th October. On 25th Oct I had my WCA assessment. I got notified in my journal 27th October thst I had been successful with lcwra. My future appointment was cancelled and lcwra was fully acknowledged on the journal. I checked my statement today 1/11 for my payment 6/11 and it's still standard UC (no extra lcwra). So I guess my qualifying lcwra happened too soon for this statement??,
My other question would be as lcwra would then start 6th December. Would I get any lcwra backdated? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,217 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @NJR3006 and welcome to the community? How're you today?

I'm not amazingly well versed in UC yet, but I believe the LCWRA payments start after 3 months?  We have some super knowledgeable regulars in here so I'm sure they'll be able to answer in more detail. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • NJR3006
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. You must have continued to provide fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA.

The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and then extra money is paid from the 4th month after you provided your first fit note. It's then paid at the end of the 4th month. LCWRA element is not paid at all during the waiting period.

They don't usually accept a backdated fit note, they will start the waiting period from the date you provided that fit note, end of July. Without knowing the exact date you provided the fit note it's not possible to tell you when the extra money is paid from.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you provided your fit note then you will be owed some money from that, if you didn't previously have the work allowance.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • NJR3006
    Options
    Thanks poppy. I had a sneaking suspicion they wouldn't do the back dated fit note. But I was encouraged as I formally left employment on medical grounds mid may I was encouraged to get it back dated. 

I declared my fit note on 31st July (wasn't a bad guess the end of July was it 😂) I had someone on video call helping me with the online application and I had my fit note ready to go so everything was 31st. July.

So I assume that would make August September October my 3 month so I'll start lcwra from November. Making my first payment early 6/12.

It all makes sense now thank you. Was struggling with the way some of it is worded when I asked Google. 

Prior to application on 31st July I was only getting pip. My worsening condition has meant navigating what feels like a minefield this year of what I'm entitled to claim. 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Thanks. If your claim for UC didn't actually start until 31st July then your backdated fit note will definitely not be accepted. You can't backdate something before a claim for UC starts. UC can only be backdated for a maximum of 1 month under the most extreme circumstances.

Your waiting period will be July/Aug, Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 31st oct to 30th Nov and first payment is indeed 6th December, no money is owed.

Sometimes things on google can be confusing. UC is a very confusing benefit, took me a very long time to get my head around it all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • NJR3006
    Options
    Confusing benefit is right. Thankfully there are very helpful people such as yourself to go clear the muddy waters. 

All makes perfect sense now. Thank you. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You’re very welcome ☺️ 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.