Confused over reports of new rules — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused over reports of new rules

charl1980
charl1980 Community member Posts: 130 Courageous
Will someone like my husband who received full pip has massive social and physical disabilities now have to look for work

Comments

• charl1980
    May I add he's in huge pain has continence issues does do things along , speak on phone massive generalized anxsiety received full pip
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,810 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no new rules. Everything you've read is what "may" happen. Nothing is set in stone until the changes happen and new regulations are put in place. Further more, if he's only claiming PIP then this isn't about working. Many people claim PIP and work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 608 Scope online community team
    As Poppy mentioned above, nothing has been confirmed yet. The changes proposed may not ever come into policy, but we'll keep everyone informed as the information comes through. We will know a bit more about the government's plans after the Autumn Statement on Wednesday 22nd. 

Easier said than done, but please try not to worry too much at this stage. I hope you and your husband are doing okay :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • charl1980
    Thanks he does have lcwra and he cannot even talk on phone stand or sit for long allsorts , I myself are ill but he's absolutely worried sick as I'm sure millions are does anyone know what the proposals may be , 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 608 Scope online community team
    It's a really tough time and you're not alone in feeling worried. We don't know for certain what the proposals are yet, but will know more about it after tomorrow's Autumn Statement. We'll keep everyone posted and be here to offer support :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.