LCWRA assessment period calculation help needed. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA assessment period calculation help needed.

System
System Posts: 104 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Natlou1! I'm looking for advice on LCWRA.

Comments

• cshatherley
    cshatherley Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Sorry to comment I couldn't work out how to make a new post. Can someone help me with my assesment period calculation. Just been Warded lcwra. My payments are made on 29th. 

I reported a health change on 30th May and uploaded a fit note on 5th June. Fit note was dated 2nd June. 

Am I passed the assessment period and will I be due anything backdated and will I receive anything this month, my statement is due out on 25th. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    Not a problem at all @cshatherley and welcome to the community!

I've turned your comment into a separate post now, so hopefully someone will be along to help you shortly. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Your waiting period will be June/July, July/August, August/Sept… LCWRA starts from assessment period 23rd Sept to 22nd October and first payment will be 29th October. Up to now you are owed 1 months LCWRA element. 

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.

You will need to check your next statement to check the LCWRA element is included.

However, if you’ve only just had the decision there may not be enough of time to include it in this months statement. If it isn’t then they will owe you 2 months. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cshatherley
    Thanks. My letter says you may be entitled to additional money. But it does say I'm now on lcwra. Is it a given that I'll get the additional payment now it's been confirmed as being on it?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,298 Disability Gamechanger
    LCWRA will increase your maximum UC entitlement by £390.06/month. Up to now you’re owed 1 months LCWRA element as I advised above. 

Assuming you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cshatherley
    Thanks so much for th advice Poppy, I got my statement today and the payment is showing on ther for this month

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.