Hi, my name is Baseball66! Do I have to contact housing benefit? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Baseball66! Do I have to contact housing benefit?

Options
Baseball66
Baseball66 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. Not sure if in right place. But my son is 18 work 23 hours does full time college. I get universal credit pip and child tax credits for him and a 9yr old plus child benefit. Do I have to contact housing benefit

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There’s some confusion with the benefits you’re claiming. 

You can’t be claiming UC and Tax credits at the same time, it’s one or the other. 

If it’s UC you’re claiming then help with your rent will be housing element, which is part of UC. It will only be housing benefit if you’re living in either temporary or supported housing. 

Either way, him working will not affect your benefits because he’s still a full time student. If he remains in full time education and you’re claiming UC this will end on 1st September following his 19th birthday. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Baseball66

Welcome to the community! :) How are you keeping?

As Poppy has said there is some confusion over your query, but I hope her answer has been able to help? I have popped your post into our Benefits and Financial Support section for now :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.