Songs that affect me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Songs that affect me

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,607 Pioneering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_QtwTo_iI by Sophie Ellis Bexter - makes me tearful every time I hear it - I have absolutely no idea why - I am a 60 year old male !

Comments

• CherSaysHello
    CherSaysHello Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    Aww Wibbles, I’d not heard that one before but do love Soph EB.

Its cathartic when words capture something inside us. I’m just trying to think of a song that affects me similarly! Wind beneath my wings does as cliched as it sounds 😂
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit
    Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Showing my age :D 
  • Wibbles
    edited December 2023
    Options
    "Love me love my dog"
    "Billy don't be a hero"
    Showing my age even more.... 
  • Rosabelle
    Rosabelle Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtCNbERKvMs

White Horses by Jackie... makes me think of my childhood, how simple and really quite lovely it was growing up in the 60s and 70s, and how quickly time has passed. Its a very simple little song but it captures a whole era for me (I desperately wanted a pony, but never got one...) and always gets me teary.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,718 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Imagine By John Lennon, it was my late mums favourite and my nephew played it on the piano at her funeral, always makes me stop and listen and remember my mum who was also a great friend as well as a parent xx
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Wibbles
    Options
    Rosabelle said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtCNbERKvMs

White Horses by Jackie... makes me think of my childhood, how simple and really quite lovely it was growing up in the 60s and 70s, and how quickly time has passed. Its a very simple little song but it captures a whole era for me (I desperately wanted a pony, but never got one...) and always gets me teary.
    Do you find that time speeds up as we get older too.... 
    Ie it does seems to accelerate? 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Linkin Park - One More Light.
    Nine Inch Nails/Johnny Cash - Hurt.
    Portsihead - Roads.
    Mazzy Star - Fade into you. 

I find a lot of music majorly affects me, all part of the autism apparently and would explain why I chose to study music at uni.  :D 

I have playlists full of songs to conjure different emotions so I can self regulate better. Music is such a powerful healer. <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Albus_Scope

I am on the spectrum as well, I love music, but I find a lot of lyrics are just babble - the song just sounds nice and is something to break up the silence

Not intended as an opposing opinion/post to yours, more I find it interesting that people with seemingly similar issues can experience things in totally opposite ways!
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    We're all unique in our own way, even if we share the same disability umbrella. :)

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.