Hi, my name is Andrew, I've seen an ophthalmologist that's diagnosed me with 'acute miopathy' — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Andrew, I've seen an ophthalmologist that's diagnosed me with 'acute miopathy'

Options
RazielESDragon
RazielESDragon Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2023 in Start here and say hello!
I was diagnosed in August, after learning about marfan from my sister, I'm the 4th of 6 children and the 3rd of those children to find we got it from our father .. thanks dad (lol)

So far I've seen an ophthalmologist that's diagnosed me with 'acute miopathy' (if I'm spelling that right), I've seen a cardiologist today that advised me to come here, and I've been struggling with sciatica and ligamental problems in my legs for months (diagnosed with sciatica last year) .. I'm having a lot of falls from my ligaments saying 'f*** you' and sending me down like a ton of bricks, all my gp could suggest was physio but that's never helped me in 19 years (various injuries in my younger days) .. should mention I'm 35, work as a community carer and have no kids yet to worry about giving this nightmare to.

Any advice?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.