LCWRA and still in appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA and still in appeal

Options
ChrisCountryGirl
ChrisCountryGirl Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hey all, New hear. Its probably been asked before or even someone has gone through this, What happened was, I had my assesment for my UC and got put into LCW group, I did an MR and they didnt approve it, So im currently still in the appeal with the courts or something, But in that time, They had me do a second assesment for some reason and i got a letter stating that i have been awarded LCWRA. I thought great, This must be part of the appeal or somethin, So I asked about the back dated payment and they said they havent heard back from the Appeal about my claim? .. Shouldnt it get squashed or something, Dont  UC have to tell the appeal service that i got awarded it from the second assessment? Im confused, I hope somone can help me with this..

Thanks
Chrisssie
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,242 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wouldn’t expect you to have needed another assessment while waiting for a Tribunal hearing. Did you report changes that prompted a review? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ChrisCountryGirl
    Options
    Yes a change was made on my sicknote I handed in, They said it was because of that but now i have heard from them and they award me LCWRA from that second assesment, But cant give me  a figure on back dated payment because they are waiting to hear from appeal on my claim, This is what im confused on. Surely. They would have told the Tribunal 
  • ChrisCountryGirl
    Options
    Sorry for being confusing :( Im just confused and worried, Will they squash the appeal since i passed that assessment? Im worried incase the tribunal says no and they re change there decision
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's what i thought. This decision was because you reported a change of health condition so you needed to be referred for another work capability assessment. There would be no need to inform the Tribunal because that is for your previous decision.

For this decision it will apply from the assessment period where you reported a change to your health condition. There is no waiting period now because you already had LCW before this decision was made.

When did you report changes to your health condition?

Whether you should continue with the Tribunal will depend on when exactly you first reported your health condition (for the first decision) and what date exactly you reported changes to your health condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ChrisCountryGirl
    Options
    Oh gosh i think a few months ago maybe, ITs been so long already. I will look it up. Im just worried i guess that they will say no and change my award and i wont get anything backdated?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They can't change this award because it's not this they will be looking at. They will be looking at the decision that was made when you were found to have LCW.

The reason why i'm asking for those dates is because it may not be worth you continuing with the hearing because for the first decision, if you were found to have LCWRA then the extra money isn't paid until the 4th month after you reported your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that.
  • ChrisCountryGirl
    Options
    Reported changes in September but sicknote was dated august. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What about the previous decision, what date did you first report your health condition and fit note?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.