LWCRA backdated… — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA backdated…

Options
Janemet
Janemet Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hello, 
I maybe owed a backdated payment from LWCRA. However I do owe Dwp about £700 due to an UC overpayment. I understand that any backdated money will pay this off first? 
However my next question is- I also have an advance payment im paying off due to when I first got UC and an advance emergency loan payment that i pay monthly for. Will they be taken into consideration too when paying off DWP ‘debt’ with backdated payment? Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes they can take what you owe them from any money they owe you. For the LCWRA element there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. The extra money is then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note, it's then paid at the end of the 4th month.

Whether any money is owed will depend on what date exactly you reported your health condition/provided your first fit note. What date you usually receive your money each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Janemet
    Options
    Thank you. So does that include any advances I had when I first started my UC claim? Is that in the same category as an overpayment owed? 
  • Janemet
    Options
    Yes they can take what you owe them from any money they owe you. For the LCWRA element there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. The extra money is then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note, it's then paid at the end of the 4th month.

Whether any money is owed will depend on what date exactly you reported your health condition/provided your first fit note. What date you usually receive your money each month.
    Thank you. So does that include any advances I had when I first started my UC claim? Is that in the same category as an overpayment owed? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's still money you owe them so yes they can. If you can answer these questions i can tell you when the extra money is paid from.
     what date exactly you reported your health condition/provided your first fit note. What date you usually receive your money each month.
    Not everyone is owed money.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Janemet
    Options
    It's still money you owe them so yes they can. If you can answer these questions i can tell you when the extra money is paid from.
     what date exactly you reported your health condition/provided your first fit note. What date you usually receive your money each month.

1st sept 2023 first reported/ fit note issued 23rd of each month
  • Janemet
    Options

1st sept 2023 first reported/ fit note issued 23rd of each month 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Was 1st September when you also provided your first fit note? 

What date do you usually receive your money each month? 

Sorry for all the questions but I can’t advise without all the correct information. 

Based on the information you provided so far then you may not be owed any LCWRA element. 
  • Janemet
    Options
    Was 1st September when you also provided your first fit note? 

What date do you usually receive your money each month? 

Sorry for all the questions but I can’t advise without all the correct information. 

Based on the information you provided so far then you may not be owed any LCWRA element. 
    Hi sorry for late reply.

yes it was 1st September I provided my first fit note. I only had my assessment. Last week. I get paid the 23rd of each month. Thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. That means your waiting period will be as follows....
    Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec... LCWRA starts from 17th Dec to 16th Jan and first payment will be 23rd January. No LCWRA element is owed.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you reported your health condition and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you'll be owed some money for this.
  • Janemet
    Options
    Thanks. That means your waiting period will be as follows....
    Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec... LCWRA starts from 17th Dec to 16th Jan and first payment will be 23rd January. No LCWRA element is owed.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you reported your health condition and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you'll be owed some money for this.
    Thank you for your help 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.