Switching banks using Current Account Switch Service — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Switching banks using Current Account Switch Service

Options
anniej9464
anniej9464 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hi, has anyone switched bank accounts using the Current Account Switch Service? If so do they redirect your UC and pip payments for you? Also during the seven days of the switch which bank account are your usual dwp payments paid into? As I receive my universal credit weekly so whenever I choose to start the switch it will always coincide with one of my UC payments.. TIA Annie x

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will pay into your existing account during the switch period but they should then transfer it to your new account if you have closed the old one, we did it not long ago and it all went smoothly with all payments in and out having no problems, we even got the £200 switch reward within 48 hours.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,657 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I did it a few years ago.  PIP and housing benefit payments were automatically redirected.  (I don't get UC but would expect the same for that).  All went smoothly, no payments got lost and all direct debits were moved over seamlessly as well.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@OverlyAnxious  & @woodbine

Hi I hope yous are keeping well. Thanks for that information I have  often thought off changing accounts through the switch service but was thought I would need to contact DWP myself and it put me off. 
    So thanks again 😊
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lou67 said:

@OverlyAnxious  & @woodbine

Hi I hope yous are keeping well. Thanks for that information I have  often thought off changing accounts through the switch service but was thought I would need to contact DWP myself and it put me off. 
    So thanks again 😊
    No it really is very easy the bank you are moving to sorts it all out and any problems that my arise, we moved from RBS after 48 years to nationwide all smoothly and as I said we even got £200 for changing
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,916 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am happy with my bank and have been with them for over 10 years but keep wondering whether to change to get the bonus money and maybe find a better account?

Seems a bit like car insurance, most are happy to just stick with their existing one year after year but there are often better ones out there.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@66Mustang
    I’m the same I keep wondering should I switch it’s a good incentive if you can get the reward like others for doing it.
    Im sure I will do it one off these days take the plunge 😊

@woodbine
    Thank you that’s reassuring to know. I hope you and SM are doing well.

❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.