Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is susan160! MRI for potential sciatica. What happens next?

Options
susan160
susan160 Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Comments

• susan160
    Options
    Hi can I ask advice please my partner as had sciatica for about 4 yrs well he thinks it that but before Xmas he got referred to physio she referred him for a mri when he had he done he got back to the car park and they rang for him to go straight back in and to have another but with contrast anyway they couldn’t fit in him so he had to go back 4 days later then last week the physio rang to ask if we’ve heard anything he said no she said it shows that he’s got bright white high intensity higher up he’s back but theyv not put anything why in the second scan so she was ringing them then she rang back on Friday to say they are referring him for another one he’s going on Monday morning do you think it can be something bad with been quick I can’t sleep I keep googling it trying to find what it can be but he won’t ring doctors or anyone to ask incase it is he said hel find out next week probably once he’s had that other scan also he’s got narrowing at the bottom of he’s spine we’re it traps the nerve I think it is with age thankyou for reading 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @susan160 and a big welcome from me too. :)

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting any answers, nerve pain can be a very tricky thing to pin down.  But I hope they can get to the bottom of things asap.  I'd try not to worry, they'll often ask for a second scan, this could just be due to something they missed the first time around, or they're wanting to get a closer look at something. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • susan160
    Options
    Thankyou for replying it’s my boyfriend not me but it’s a third scan on Monday and theyv not said anything why 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem @susan160, but again, I echo what Beaver has said and please try not to worry. I'm sure if it was anything worrying, they'd have said already, but I do understand your concern. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • susan160
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.