UC and LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC and LCWRA

Options
Luna51
Luna51 Community member Posts: 284 Pioneering
Hi everyone 

Happy (slightly belated) New Year to you all 😊

One of my daughters is turning 25 this year (end of June) I did not realise that the LCWRA element is paid at a higher rate from the age of 25, can anyone tell me if my daughter be paid this higher rate from July or August or will it likely be later than that? and do I need to put a note in her journal reminding UC closer to her birthday?
Thank you 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The LCWRA rate doesn't change at 25, the standard UC rate does though @Luna51. It's done automatically and they'll pay it from the assessment period she turns 25 in. 

So if her assessment period is 4th June to 3rd July and she turns 25 on the 29th June, she'll get the higher allowance in her July payment. Do you know her assessment period dates?? Or even her usual UC pay date? 
  • Luna51
    Options
    Hi @Biblioklept
    Thanks for your reply.. 

And yes, of course my mistake!
    I'm not sure of the actual assessment period dates, but I know her payment date is on the 18th and she turns 25 after this on the 28th.
    Good to know it's an automatic increase too.. 😊

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're daughter receives her UC on the 18th, then her assessment period will be the 12th -11th each month. Happy New year to you too @Luna51 :)
  • Luna51
    Options
    Thank you for your reply too @chiarieds 😁
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    UC is calculated based on your circumstances on the last day of your assessment period so she should get the increase on her 18th July payment <3

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.