Long Covid — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Long Covid

Options
Le19von
Le19von Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello my name is Lenard my hidden disability is Long Covid I’m looking for more support 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi there @Le19von and welcome to the community. 

We're all here to support each other, so you're in the right place.  I'm sorry to hear about your long covid diagnosis. Is there anything in particular you needed help with? Please feel free to ask away and we'll all do our best to help.
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Le19von
    Options
    I’m not really sure what support I need I’ve been doing things on my own and been hard I’m going through with my mental health and anxiety with Healthy Minds with a group with long covid when I was employed by the trust I’m know starting in a new group with long term conditions with Heathy Minds I’m on I’ll health retirement from the trust since 17th November 2023 I’m know in a long grieving process off me retiring form my work I have a walking stick and mobility scooter which I’m renting for long distance my mental health and anxiety is very high of me going through long covid and loosing work I’m on high pip and high ESA support as I can’t work any more I’m looking for any support I’ve missed out of not knowing sorry my memory is hard and thinking is tiring my speech is hard difficulty getting the right words out 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
     @Le19von thanks for getting back to us so quickly and explaining your situation, that's very much appreciated. I've two friends with long covid and I understand how much they can struggle with remembering things, so no need to apologise. 

I'd recommend having a look at this benefits calculator, it'll help give you a good idea of anything you might've missed when it comes to support. 

Also if you just wanted to pass some time, or take part in some fun and easy games, have a look in our coffee lounge and games room, they may help put a smile on your face and you might make some new friends. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Le19von
    Options
    I try and have a look at the benefits calculator I get confused with it I’m not sure if I can claim for it as I’m on a pension I’m going try and get an advocate in supporting what I need 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I note that you're alreeady claiming ESA and in the Support Group, as well as PIP. Is your ESA contributions based or Income Related?

I also note that you're receiving a pension. Are ESA aware of this?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Le19von
    Options
    Yes ESA are aware of my pension I sent my pension documents to DWP and  I’m in the income support 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Is your ESA Income Related or contributions based? If it's more than £129.50/week then at least part of it will be Income Related.

If you claim Universal Credit then any Income Related ESA you're claiming will stop after 2 weeks. Your pension will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Le19von
    Options
    I’m not getting universal credit only ESA 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, i know you're claiming ESA, i was trying to advise you on benefit claims but can't do that without knowing which ESA you're claiming. I know you're in the Support Group but that doesn't help.
  • Le19von
    Options
    Sorry brain fog  I’m not sure which one I’m a bit confused on the letter I’m receiving £129.50 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.