Hi, my name is Jacques72!support/directions on where we can go for help with above knee amputation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jacques72!support/directions on where we can go for help with above knee amputation

Options
Jacques72
Jacques72 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 23 in Start here and say hello!
hi My Nephew has just had an above the Knee leg amputation and he is saying that he is not ever going to be allowed on crutches to help him move about. Also that he is unlikely to get a prosthetic due to the above knee amputation.
Where he is currently living is terraced house and would need doors and adaptions to allow h8m to come home but no one is supporting him or telling us how we go about all this. The property is not his property and he is being told as he is on sick he would not be able to apply for a mortgage with his partner due to being on sick. He has not got PIP yet due to this is all very raw and only happened a week ago. Just trying to get some support or directions on where we can go and what help there should be to support him. Thanks

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.