State pension and LWCRA

droger5198
droger5198 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 23 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I’m new to the community Forum I have a question if anyone can help me I’m currently receiving full state pension and guaranteed pension credit I am on PIP lower rate and LWCRA lower rate does my disability benefit stop because of the rates I’m on Many thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    edited January 23
    There seems to be some confusion with what benefits you're claiming. LCWRA is part of Universal Credit and you can't be claiming Guaranteed Pension Credit at the same time.

When did you reach state pension age? Are you single or living with a partner? If with a partner are they under or over state pension age?

If you're a single person then UC with the LCWRA element will stop.

Your question about disability benefits (PIP) yes, this continues past state pension age for as long as you remain entitled to it.
  • droger5198
    droger5198 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you poppy 123456 that’s clear to me now much appreciated Droger5918
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,646 Online Community Programme Lead
    Good morning @droger5198 and welcome to the community. I'm pleased to see that Poppy has already been able to help with your query. Just letting you know I've edited your first comment to remove your name. We remove full names from posts when we see them to ensure the privacy and protection of everyone on the community. :)