LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
tbird
tbird Community member Posts: 18 Connected
I have been classed as LCW for the past 3 years. In November I applied for LCWRA due to a new diagnosis and sent in a letter from my consultant, I have not supplied any fit notes and haven't been asked to....should I question this?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you reported a change of circumstances and then "clicked" health condition then it should have prompted you to provide a fit note within 7 days of that. 

How did you report the changes? Did you just put a message onto your journal? Have you been referred for another work capability assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tbird
    Options
    Hi Poppy. I firstly put a message on my journal and then reported it as a change in health. I was not prompted to provide a fit note? I have filled in and returned a WCA questionnaire/booklet.

Due to continually providing fit notes for tge best part of two and a half years, my only commitments were to log in frequently?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You shouldn't have needed to continue to provide fit notes after the decision was made on your last WCA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tbird
    edited January 25
    Options
    Hi Poppy. I did question this on my journal last night and the response I had said that if I had a "worsening of condition" then I would have needed to supply a fit note. My condition did worsen 18 months ago, of which I reported in the correct way, but this new diagnosis explains the rest of my symptoms.
    I hope this makes sense?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.