DWP extreme anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP extreme anxiety

Options
ellie_rsg
ellie_rsg Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hello. I get pip and LCWRA UC. Ive not had a great week and ive accidentally over the last week gone impulsive and bought some things multiple times over multiple different days (my birthday was sunday so i also wanted to treat myself) its totalled a few hundred.. its made me happy in the moment but now im terrified that they are going to stop my payments or do something bad to me because i spent my money on stupid apex legends coins.. as its my interest right now. im actually so paranoid. i dont have much savings (like 200£) so thats not an issue. but is the fact i spent it on something i enjoy a bad thing? on my bank statement it shows up 7 times over the last week because its been a bad week. im terrified. the anxiety im living with is brutal. can someone please advise me 

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,185 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ellie_rsg You can spend your benefit money on what you like no one is checking that. You have no need to worry. Take care.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,775 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no rules on what you can or can't spend your money on, that's entirely your decision. I bought myself a MacBook a couple of weeks ago. It's my money and I can do what I want with it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @ellie_rsg, Sorry to hear you're feeling like this! You are free to spend your money however you like. It's important to treat yourself to some nice things sometimes, especially around your birthday! 

Big belated Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good day :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 59 Pioneering
    Options
    I saved my money and bought a puppy. Dogs are my main reason for living so I don't care what the Daily Mail thugs say, we are allowed to have a pleasurable life. You have done nothing wrong, don't let them spoil your enjoyment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.