My friend was hospitalized, he's now apprehensive about pills — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My friend was hospitalized, he's now apprehensive about pills

Options
wandering_chris
wandering_chris Community member, Scope Member Posts: 72 Courageous
As you may know from the previous thread a day after his suicide attempt, he was hospitalized after a sort of breakdown due to a sustained period of antisemitic abuse in his neighborhood. Yesterday, he reported the incident 13/14 to the police!

Now he tells me he's been given a medication called propranolol and he's apprehensive about taking it as it slows your heart rate. Can anybody here tell me about this medication and how it affects people with CP so I can tell him?

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,364 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @wandering_chris, sorry to hear your friend has been going through so much. I'm afraid I don't have experience of this drug or how it affects CP myself, but I hope some of our members will be along shortly to help offer their experiences :)

Would your friend feel up to talking to his medical team about the medication? I hope some of our members might have some support to offer, but it might be best to chat it through with someone medical if he's able to. I hope he's doing as well as possible in the circumstances.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wandering_chris
    wandering_chris Community member, Scope Member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @wandering_chris, sorry to hear your friend has been going through so much. I'm afraid I don't have experience of this drug or how it affects CP myself, but I hope some of our members will be along shortly to help offer their experiences :)

Would your friend feel up to talking to his medical team about the medication? I hope some of our members might have some support to offer, but it might be best to chat it through with someone medical if he's able to. I hope he's doing as well as possible in the circumstances.

he's muddling through, taking it day by day - Thanks for asking :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.