Feedback Needed: Voice-Command Fashion Webshop for the Visually Impaired — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feedback Needed: Voice-Command Fashion Webshop for the Visually Impaired

Options
JulesParis
JulesParis Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hello community,

I've been working on an accessible online fashion webshop for the visually impaired, using OpenAIs models for intuitive voice command navigation and detailed audio descriptions. It's designed to offer a seamless shopping experience, but it's still a prototype, meaning you can't make purchases yet. I'm looking for feedback to understand its potential value and areas for improvement.

Quick Tutorial:

- Navigation: You can submit commands by simply holding the spacebar, saying what you want into the microphone, and letting go of the spacebar. These commands can be anything: Filter for products, go to a certain product page, add a product to cart, ask for an explanation of the website, navigate to the home page, etc. The voice commands don't have to abide by certain standards, just say what you want and the system will figure out what functions to call.

- Searching: Simply describe what you're looking for, like "find blue jeans."

- Go to a specific product page after searching: Ask for product descriptions. Each product will have a number that will be called out after you searched for the type of product you want. Just call out this product number and it will navigate to the proper page, like: "Show me product 8 in more detail".

Link: www.planetdurable.nl/test.html

Just click the link and you're ready to search for some products by holding down the spacebar making a voice command.

Feedback Request:

- How intuitive and helpful do you find the voice interaction and audio descriptions?

- Any features or improvements you'd suggest?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards, Julian

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.