Medical EU Drivers License Exchange — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical EU Drivers License Exchange

trainconductor
trainconductor Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am a new member on this forum and I feel this is the only place I might be able to get my question answered. I was issued with a medical drivers license from the Republic of Ireland. I am allowed to driver an automatic car with push/pull hand controls with ball steering. I relocated from the Republic of Ireland in May, 2023 after the license was issued. I sent in my drivers license to the DVLA to exchange the license for a UK drivers license because the Ireland license does not have my current address in the UK. The problem now is the application seems to be stuck at the DVLA. I think it is with the DVLA's adaptation team. I have been disabled all my life with polio and my disability has not changed since the license was issued. My question is, has anyone had the experience of exchanging an EU medical drivers license with UK license? Can they make me redo the driving test or send me to an assessment center to get my adaptation needs reassessed?
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.