Pip change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip change of circumstances

Options
BJ2018
BJ2018 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
edited March 3 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I currently get the standard daily living rate. 

I called on 21st December to report changes, sent off my change of circumstances form Jan 19th 2024 and they messaged me Monday this week to say a the pip review is complete and I should get the letter within 2 weeks. I have a new condition which I believe should take me over the 12 points so I should be getting the higher rate for daily living going forward…

Couple of questions 

If they do decide I am entitled to higher rate… do they back date me to the date I reported the change? 

If I am entitled to back pay will the back pay be a separate payment to my normal pip date or will the extra money be paid on my normal pip date? 

Thank you in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, if it's a higher award it will be paid from when you rang. Yes, it will be paid as a separate payment. You can ring PIP to ask what the decision was and they will tell you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BJ2018
    Options
    I don’t think it’s been awarded the higher rate as when it went through automated service it still said I was getting the lower rate in march 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The automated payment line is known for giving incorrect information. Whether it's possible to score more points needed for a higher award will depend on how exactly your conditions affect you. It's not awarded based on a diagnosis or the condition itself. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BJ2018
    Options
    Thank you. I called them and as suspected they haven’t awarded me the points I believe I should be getting for the way my new condition affects me. 

Is it possible to do a MR on a change of circumstances? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.