Uc and workplace pension — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc and workplace pension

sammy44 Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
Hi I'm getting UC and ESA . PIP .
I'm medically retired. I'm 52 years old . I took 500 pound from my workplace pension in January and another 700 today as I'm struggling for money . Do I have to tell UC . Thankyou 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,294 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to report it to both ESA and UC. Although New style ESA isn't means tested you still need to report it. Please also be aware that if you continue to take regular small sums from your pension then UC may start asking questions and it could be treated as a regular income. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.