Hi, my name is lostinmars09!anxiety that I will be refused new car based on 2 claims within 3 years — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lostinmars09!anxiety that I will be refused new car based on 2 claims within 3 years

Options
lostinmars09
lostinmars09 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 7 in Transport and travel
Hi can anyone advise me please. I have had two claims, not massive damage just dent and scratches. Over my 3 year lease with motability, I now have bad anxiety that I will be refused a new car based on 2 claims within 3 years. Has anyone had similar experience with their underwriters? Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• lostinmars09
    lostinmars09 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Ps I only have 5 months left of my lease, will motability inform me if they cannot offer me another car or will I have to wait until I apply again

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @lostinmars09 and welcome to the community. :)

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with Motability, but I'm going to move your post over to another category so more people in the know will be able to see it and hopefully offer some top support. I hope that's ok? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,124 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I believe that it's a maximum of 3 insurance claims per lease. If it's more than that then they may refuse you another vehicle. If there's an issue they will contact you. 

To place another order for a vehicle you must have at least 12 month remaining on your Motability award. If you do then you can place your order 3 months before your current lease ends. If the vehicle is ready before your current lease ends you will not be able to collect it until it ends. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.