Universal credit shake up 2024? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit shake up 2024?

Options
Qasimo
Qasimo Community member Posts: 151 Courageous
Is any1 getting bank statements sending to dwp for March and April 2024?? Universal credit no statements it said 9th but normally they do 2 days before on 7th so rang them they said government new rules etc everyone has to send bank statement etc etc... anyway I sent mine... tho...
No tagging allowed.. ask questions and wait for respond..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,128 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not aware of any new rules made in 2024. With your statements for UC what dates do your assessment periods cover?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Qasimo
    Options
    7th to 6th statement on 9th paid on 13th obviously it that saving gone down they wanted bank statements..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will receive the statement, you just need to wait. Sometimes my daughter's statement arrives arrives the day after her AP ends and sometimes it's 2 days.

If your savings were over the lower limit then yes it's normal for them to ask for bank statements once they drop below that limit. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bookrabbit
    bookrabbit Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    The UC appointment my son had to attend yesterday was about showing them bank statements. I assumed it was triggered by his reducing the amount he reported after I read on here about the COL payments being disregarded. I took the opportunity to ask them lots of questions and try to get them to sort several things out. I coped far better than when I am being questioned about myself as I was  able to wear my parent mask!!
  • Qasimo
    Options
    Hi does anyone has any idea how long it take for dwp to check bank statements and get back? Or what happens next saving went down that a reason they checking again obviously so any idea?? Thanks...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's no timescales.
  • Qasimo
    Options
    What to do if they ask for bank for unknown number etc I mean they check all they said want other banking we Don have a clue if it not ours what do I do?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry but I don't understand exactly what it is you're asking. 
  • Qasimo
    Options
    All sorted saving account normal account every account they want flipping mad. Sorted now waiting for decision 2 month they didn't pay sad...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.