Pip worrys — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip worrys

Options
charleybear11
charleybear11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 16 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I recieve pip for mental health I wasn't awarded one point for fibromioligy . 
Long story short I can't take medications as of history of addiction when I was young which I would never want to be dependent on anything again so my fear of medication is in my eyes reasonable 

I take herball remides like herbal sleeping tablets energy tablets calming tablets relaxers and pain  and believe it or not creams for my body for cows that soak into the muscles when in alot of pain.  

I was up for renewal in September and  they still haven't renewed if am keeping it they sent a text to say they have review and I might have to go for assessment.  
Suppose my question is this 
Can pip refuse me for fibromioligy excuse my spelling if I don't take doctors medication . 

And shud I be worried that renewal is taking this long 

Any help would be appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,560 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn’t awarded based on any diagnosis. Many people do not take prescribed medication and are successfully awarded. 

It’s perfectly normal to be waiting this long for a review decision because there’s huge backlogs. Some are waiting almost a year after returning the form for a decision. 

You will likely need another assessment, which are mostly by telephone, some are face to face or video call. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,700 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Poppy is quite right there is a massive back-log for PIP reviews with some taking upto 12 months.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• charleybear11
    charleybear11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    No problem thank you . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.