Despite not having success with either method of dating, do I still want a long-term relationship? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Despite not having success with either method of dating, do I still want a long-term relationship?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
I only can get to date from online dating but didn't lead to anything but back to start . I have taken a break multiple breaks. My mum will come with me when I date men and my mum will be with me while I have a date. My mum also comes with me when it comes to social events . I am being trying and lot to change things but hasn't much change at all when it comes to dating in real life i only seem to get very tall men to talk or approach me . I have zero attraction to any men that are very taller than me. I'm 4'11". I'm okay with shorter men or a bit shorter men. I know that men will not approach some attractive women and I only got glances at some men. I have tried online dating is only been successful of getting only first dates and that is about it and just ended and went right back to start. I know I got another stupid holiday that will also get in my way when it comes to dating. already feeling frustrated and losing faith in men . That some of my experience has been so far . 

Comments

• Splatmate24
    Options
    @/Gnu89 how this meant to help me . I'm not even gotten to relationship part . can't get there . i already know about relationship but i all i got are bad relationship
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    It does sounds very frustrating @Splatmate24, I know that you've been through a lot and tried many different things, so it must be very hard when things don't change. 

I'm not sure if I have any advice to give today, but I'll keep thinking. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Are you going anywhere nice on your holiday?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @Rosie just same place Cyprus  and i don't really like holidays since  i can't get anything done  with dating and i don't like the sun at all . i got very sensitive skin but mum and my dad like holiday and prefer to take a airplane to get there . i prefer city breaks or city holiday .  my mum refuse to take me on airplane when comes dating . this what i don't like holiday is does happen a lot of times .  also my refuse to let me chose my own but i have to date men with a moderate learning disabilities men even if i don't want to but i got no choice . i found more then one charity for learning disabilities .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.