Concerned about giving sensitive personal information when applying for blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Concerned about giving sensitive personal information when applying for blue badge

Options
Barracuda
Barracuda Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 24 in Transport and travel
Ive lately applied for a blue badge but Im concerned about giving sensitive personal information to people working at the council.Are they healthcare professionals or just office clerks?And is there a data protection issue?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,650 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    People who collect data will always be covered by data protection, it's always the case that if you want something you have to be prepared to supply the information requested.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• trashpanda
    trashpanda Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    My application was done online and processed automatically. 

When I called to clarify they told me if you qualify the computer algorithm takes over and just automatically processes it, they only view it if there's an issue but that's for my local authority though. 

However, all information given to your council is protected by GDPR and staff will not be able to disclose this or use it elsewhere within the council. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.