Work Capability Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Capability Assessment

ronaldo89 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi all I've been given a date for my WCA. It will be a telephone appointment in a couple of weeks time. Am I able to request to the DWP That they record the assessment?

Thanks in advance


  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,237 Scope online community team
    Hi @ronaldo89, I'm glad you have a date for it now.  You can ask for the call to be recorded, or you can ask if you can record it yourself. It's up to the individual assessor if they agree to it or not.
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,288 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to ring the Health Assessment Advisory Service, whether you're asking them to record it or recording it yourself. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.