DVLA car stuff — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DVLA car stuff

JoeColeman Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Why do I have to pay the full car tax amount of £180 which is a huge amount, to then ask for half of it back? Why can’t I just pay 50%? 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,122 Disability Gamechanger
    You're referring to the 50% reduction in road tax and for this you need to be claiming standard mobility PIP or ADP.

    To claim for this you need to send all of your documents to DVLA and include a cheque or postal order for 50% cost of the road tax. Full details here. https://www.disabledmotoring.org/motoring/road-tax-50-reduction
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.