If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nakuru! waiting for my first Motobility car

Options
Nakuru
Nakuru Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited May 3 in Transport and travel
Hi I’m new here and waiting for my first Motobility car 

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Nakuru! I hope you'll find the community a friendly place to be :) take a look around and join in wherever you like.

Have you been waiting long for your car?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Nakuru
    Options
    Hi Rosie we ordered a KIA Sportage early December and we were told we would get our car the 1st week in March now they are saying May !! Why tell us something that isn’t right it’s very stressful my Husband has cancer and has to go for a scan soon to see if it’s spread 😥 so I don’t need all the stress 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oh no, that's not good at all @Nakuru. Sorry to hear you're going through so much stress at an already stressful time! Have they explained why there's been a delay? At least May isn't too far off, so hopefully not too much longer to wait!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,264 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The dates a dealer gives can only ever be estimated, it just wouldn't be possible to give you an exact date. If the vehicle needs to be built this will take extra time, not forgetting the time it takes for it to arrive in the UK. 

Once it's arrived in the UK and is at the dealers they will contact you to arrange a collection date. The best things always come to those that wait. Hopefully you'll be enjoying that new car very soon. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nakuru
    Options
    i know all that now but they shouldn’t lie in the first instance , in fact the guy who was dealing with our order  has now been sacked for what we don’t know it’s not my business so I never asked 
  • Nakuru
    Options
    tetsuo75 said:
    Hi Nakuru,
    I'm awful sorry to hear how much stress this is causing you. Although May is around the corner, it must feel like ages in your case. Especially when you're so anxious. I've had a number of mobility cars in the past and yes they never made the date clear to me either. Usually they have us estimated months. But they did of course arrive and it was all completely worth it. I do wish you the best and I'm sure it will be sorted soon.

• Nakuru
    Options

Hi Tetsuo
    Thank you so much yes I’m hoping we’ll get it in  June maybe when it’s your first time you don’t know all these things  do you , thank you for your very kind reply 👏🏻😀
  • Nakuru
    Options
    Thank you 😀
  • Nakuru
    Options
    Got a call from Kia today we can have our car 1st week in June if we take a Silver instead of a Red which we ordered so I said yes no problem he said I didn’t have to if I really wanted the Red but they hadn’t still got a build date on it so we are having the silver , I’m getting sort of excited now a little bit apprehensive  because it’s bigger  than our focus and our drive is a bit narrow but no doubt I’ll get used to it but 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.