If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

47 week wait and no assessment

Options
Isthisreality
Isthisreality Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello new here so im sorry if this is in the wrong place. I had a renewal form in may last year and sent it back. They received it on 2nd june. I kept getting the "we still have your pip form and will be progressing your review" every 12 weeks, and on 24th april i received the "your pip review is complete" i have had no assessments or phonecalls.

I have multiple sclerosis and bipolar and have got alot worse since the last form a few years ago. 
Sorry for the rambling but my question is does anyone know where the pip decision letters come from when they are sent out? 2 week wait to get the letter is going to be hard.

Nice to meet everyone and im sorry that was a ramble 🤦

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds like you had a paper based assessment. Although the text advises you not to ring them you can ring them anytime to ask what the decision is and they will tell you. They open again tomorrow morning at 9am and that’s usually the best time to ring. 

Up to 2 weeks for letters coming from DWP is quite normal because they all have to go through a Mail sorting process which takes longer. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Isthisreality
    Options
    Sounds like you had a paper based assessment. Although the text advises you not to ring them you can ring them anytime to ask what the decision is and they will tell you. They open again tomorrow morning at 9am and that’s usually the best time to ring. 

Up to 2 weeks for letters coming from DWP is quite normal because they all have to go through a Mail sorting process which takes longer. 
    Hello thankyou so much for getting back to me, I'll give them a ring. Sorry to ask is the 0800 121 4433 the automated line? I tried a few different options on the keypad on friday and nearly kept getting through to a human 🤦

Thankyou again for replying 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you mean the automated payment line then yes that’s the number to ring. It sometimes (not always) gives information for your next payment while you wait for someone to answer the phone. Just be aware that it doesn’t always give correct information. Best option is to speak to someone and ask what the decision is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Isthisreality
    Options
    Thankyou for replying, I'll ring tomorrow and see what they say. Thankyou 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,787 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My review took 54 weeks last year as are many
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Isthisreality
    Options
    @woodbine im grateful it only took 46 weeks really... Im not but it could have taken alot longer! Hope yours came back positive 
  • Isthisreality
    Options
    Got text on 24th april and received decision today (monday 29th april)
    Going to try to do a mandatory reconsideration because they lied about lots of things!
    They gave it me for 10 years but lowest daily living and no mobility so definitely going to fight this.
    The multiple sclerosis is not my friend and i have deteriorated lots in the last 2 years. Good luck with the fight everyone! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.