Happy Pride Month to all our LGBTQ+ members! πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Rosie_Scope
Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,916 Online Community Coordinator
edited June 3 in Coffee lounge

Happy Pride 2024!

Wishing everyone on the community a happy Pride Month!

Pride Month kicked off on Saturday 1st June. It's a whole month dedicated to celebrating the LGBTQ+ community, learning about the community's history, and raising awareness of issues that LGBTQ+ people still face every day.

Is anyone doing anything to celebrate? Will you be attending any Pride marches or parties or celebrating at home?

Comments

• HaileyDanielle
    HaileyDanielle Community member Posts: 48 Empowering

Have a pride party coming up in a couple weeks.My wife whom is supportive of my fulltime crossdressing is going with me including my family

• Rosie_Scope

@HaileyDanielle That'll be nice, are you hosting the party yourself or just attending it? It's nice to hear that your family is so supportive, sounds like it'll be a fun party 😊

• HaileyDanielle
    HaileyDanielle Community member Posts: 48 Empowering
  • Rosie_Scope

Sounds great @HaileyDanielle, I bet you'll have an amazing time!

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,121 Online Community Coordinator

Happy pride month my lovelies. I'm really looking forward to reading all about how people will be celebrating this year. ❀️

• sharonspinkact
    sharonspinkact Community member Posts: 9 Connected

I went with my youngest (15) to York Pride for the 1st time on Sat. We've been to Leeds twice but fancied a change.

Such a great day - loved the quiet hour to look round the stalls etc before the entertainment started.

Happy Pride everyone.

πŸ’œπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈπŸ’œ

• Cantilip
    Cantilip Community member Posts: 625 Empowering

Pride events in June, July and August - I only got involved in looking it up because I live in central Brighton and I was thinking Pride is in August. I'm actually not getting out much at the mo and certainly not into crowds, however happy, but I shall hear it!

https://pridedates.co.uk/2024-pride-dates-and-calendar/#august-2024

• DaddysGirl1982
    DaddysGirl1982 Community member Posts: 11 Connected

My youngest sister and our brother are members of the LGBT+ Community. Our brother and his husband have been together for over 10 years. I think they've been married for about 5 or 6 years.

Although my youngest sister and sister-in-law are no longer together they have stayed friends as they found out that they get on better as friends than a couple.

They have 4 children between them and they are still co-parenting them. My middle niece lives with her mum, who is my youngest sister and my former sister-in-law and my youngest niece and nephew all live a couple of streets away. My youngest sister looks after the youngest 2 when my former sister-in-law is at work.

I have downloaded a game on both of my phones, which is called LGBT flags merge and I've discovered a lot of flags that I have never heard of, but it's a really fun game to play.