Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

ESA support group migration

Options
Caspa82
Caspa82 Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Hi

I’m on the old income ESA based support group, I have read this is due to be migrated over in 2028? But now hearing people of this being done sooner like this year how true is this?

Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

It was announced by the last Government that it would be from Sept 2024 to Dec 2025. Whether that remains now, I have no idea.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Andi66
    Andi66 Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Options

Hi Poppy , forgive me for asking this again, I'm stupid , dosent go in . As I'm I the esa lcfw section . Once my UC letter come through to migrate over , would they move me to support group if I fit the rules. Would I need to fill out another form if by any reason still not heard about my esa 50 form . Would they take information from the esa 50 form they have They do have it. Sent it by special delivery in Jan

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

If you're still in the WRAG for ESA (LCW for UC) then you won't automatically be put into the LCWRA group for UC. If a decision hasn't been made on your current review then you won't need another review, you just wait for that decision to be made. Any decision made will apply to UC anyway. Assessments for both ESA and UC are the same anyway.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.