PIP - Asked for fit note, struggling with MH

Sloth77
Sloth77 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 31 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I have been on dla then pip for years due to health reasons and many tags had my job meeting with wife as she's my carer but I still have to get a fit note so went down to my doctor's on way back and they were all clueless to what I was asking for so can't see a gp as booked up and can only get a phone call appointment until then they can't put my claim in then got a phone call this Friday ringing to find out why I don't work doesn't make sense and my MH is though the roof right now anxiety depressed and just don't know what else to do I've never had a doctor's note for over 15 years HELP

Tagged:

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @Sloth77 and welcome to the community. I've just renamed and moved your post to our PIP category where there'll be more people who can help. I'm confused about why you've been asked for a fit note if this is just for PIP. Hopefully someone else here can shine a light on what's going on.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,365 Championing

Hi @Sloth77 - & welcome to the community from me too. This sounds like you needed a fit note as you are claiming UC & needed it to support your health condition.

If so, I'd try ringing your GP surgery asking for a fit note, sometimes known as a Med 3 to support your UC claim. Someone should know what you mean as fit notes have been around for years! Hopefully this gets it resolved.

• Sloth77

Hi thanks for getting back to me also doctor's our also saying they can't give sick notes anymore doctors ringing me Tuesday but God it's stressful as hell many thanks

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

Sick notes are now known as fit notes so it's that you need to ask for but I would expect your GP to know that anyway.

Have you claimed Universal Credit recently? If so were you claiming any other benefits before that? If so which ones exactly please?

• Sloth77

I was on pip and esa and wife was on one for my son but now it's all changing Pip say not fit to work 2027 but this one it's like am getting to have to go though the whole thing over the phone

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

Ok, so you were claiming ESA. Have you claimed Universal Credit as part of managed migration? If so and you were in either the Support Group or WRAG for ESA you do not need a fit note for your UC.

Sorry but I don't know what you mean by "your wife was on one for your son"

• Sloth77

My son is also disabled so she gets dla I mean sorry