PIP-dont give up!

Juthbert
Juthbert Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited September 18 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Just want to give some positive feedback and hope for those still on their pip journey.

I first applied in June 23. Scored zero points throughout, including the MR. Made a formal complaint regarding my assessment as the report read as though he'd assessed someone else, fabricated and omitted what had/hadn't been said.

My tribunal was booked for Monday 16th Sept via video call. The DWP had asked tribunal to recommend I make a new claim as they said my conditions had deteriorated ( they hadnt, the assessors report was full of errors) As you can imagine, my anxiety was through the roof, the whole process had made me feel ill. I received a phone call an hour before my tribunal from the clerk of the court, saying the judge wished to speak to me. I thought the worse, but the judge said the panel had looked at all my evidence, were sorry I'd been brought to tribunal stage as they imagined it was all very distressing for me, and went on to tell me they were awarding me enhanced on both daily living and mobility for 3 years! I burst into tears with pure relief and thanked them for believing me.

They clearly were better qualified and had more empathy when reviewing my notes.

Keep the faith anyone still having to navigate this system.

Tagged:

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,356 Championing

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

So happy for you @Juthbert!!!!! ❤️

• Juthbert

Thank you, I feel overwhelmed with relief!

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,397 Online Community Team

Oh that is wonderful news @Juthbert I'm seriously so happy for you right now. What a huge relief! Make sure you buy yourself a little treat, you've certainly earned it. 😊

• Floof
    Floof Community member Posts: 20 Connected

That is fantastic news, well done!

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,630 Championing

Very happy for you @Juthbert 😊.

• bi786
    bi786 Community member Posts: 93 Connected

May I ask was June 2023 or 2024 as tribunal can take over year to get a date for hearing

• Juthbert

I first applied in June 2023. My tribunal was Monday of this week.

Thank you for all your comments, just hope gives others hope to keep going

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 2,124 Trailblazing

That's brilliant news - I bet that you were over the moon ?

• Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 4,895 Online Community Team

🎉Congrats! The tribunal are certainly more qualified than a DWP decision maker, it's a difficult journey but you got there. 😊

• Lee56584
    Lee56584 Community member Posts: 35 Connected

ah that’s brilliant news! I’m over the moon for you xxx

• luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 374 Empowering

@Juthbert

So happy for you. 🥰