Lcwra payment

Gmcc103
Gmcc103 Community member Posts: 4 Listener

HI I've just received my lcwra award notification today I'm incredibly confused it says I am eligible for extra money from 30/8/24 and they've said the period runs 30/8 to 29/9 and I'll get a payment on 06/10 however my actual assessment period runs from 15th to 14th every month and normally get paid on 21st of month I sent them a journal message but it just further confused me I started sending in fit notes on 30/5 so I know there's a 3 month waiting period so question is do I get apayment on 06/10 or will I get it on 21st October thanks in advance Gary

Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,365 Championing

Hi @Gmcc103 - this notification does sound a bit confusing. Payment should be on the 21 Oct. There's 3 full months waiting period, as you know, so Jun - Jul, Jul - Aug, & Aug -Sept, with payment due from your assessment period 15 Sept -14 Oct, but, as this is paid in arrears, your 1st payment of this extra LCWRA element should be 21 Oct.

What was their response to your query?

• Gmcc103
    Gmcc103 Community member Posts: 4 Listener

The response was very confusing said there are 2 payments in an assessment period which I know so the didn't answer the question also they advised I'm getting a backdated payment of £10 for my may/June assessment period because I wad now on the lcwra but that was the month I started sending them fit notes I have found the whole thing incredibly confusing