Pip

con129499437
con129499437 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 22 in PIP, DLA, and AA

hey all I got this text on Thursday

We have awarded you PIP. We have sent you a decision letter explaining the award. Please allow 2 weeks to receive this. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change.

I started my claim on the 12th of August and received that on 19th so will I get back pay of a month ? And when will that payment go in please 🙏

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,315 Championing

Providing you had the difficulties for at least 3 months when you first claimed then it will be paid from the date you rang to start your claim.

Money owed will be in your bank 3-5 working days after payment was sent. You can ring PIP tomorrow morning when they open to ask what you've been awarded and when to expect any money owed into your bank and they will tell you.

Yes, the text advises not to ring them but this doesn't mean you can't.

• Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 4,895 Online Community Team

Hi @con129499437, welcome to the community 😊 and congrats on getting your PIP award! Your regular payments should start very soon, the month backdated pay, if you meet the criteria Poppy mentioned, can take a few weeks longer just to let you know.

• con129499437
    con129499437 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

@Jimm_Scope i rang today they said my back payment should go in tonight thank you both for the help @poppy123456