Is a temporary to permanent role suitable?

bluefate
bluefate Community member Posts: 10 Contributor
edited October 13 in Work

Hi there

So I’m looking at getting a job but I’m a bit stuck. After speaking with various people including my scope advisor, I think I’ve decided a parcel sorter role is suitable for me. 

The problem is, I won’t know until I start said job if it’s suitable. But then because of the time of year, most if not all parcel sorter roles are temporary to permanent. I’m concerned that if I do get a job as a parcel sorter and best case scenario it’s a job I can do, I will have no guarantee of a permanent position until after at least a couple of months, by this time I could lose my benefits and be stuck in a position with no benefits and no money from a job. 

Ideally I’d like to be in a position where I earn enough to support myself without benefits but I don’t even know if I can do a job yet. And if I can, I don’t want the stress of working out how to keep a roof over my head while also dealing with the problems a job can throw at me. 

Thanks for reading 

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,411 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @bluefate sorry no-one was able to answer you. I can understand your worries but I'm hopeful that you'll be able to do the job.

Have you spoken further with your Scope adviser? They're in the best position to be able to answer your question.