Hi, my name is allthecolours!

allthecolours
allthecolours Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Hi there, I'm totally new to this. I have severe spinal problems which means I can only take a couple of steps with a walking aid. I am struggling accepting my disability and that I am not going to recover, and that this is my life now. I have no support from family and I'm still waiting for a social worker to be allocated. I need some advice and some others to have contact as I feel very isolated

Comments

• Nightcity
    Nightcity Community member Posts: 1,146 Trailblazing

hey @allthecolours welcome to the forum.

I have mild issues myself with my spine I'm sorry yours is so severe and limiting.

we'll do all we can to help

• allthecolours

Thank you It's good to hear from you. I am really struggling to accept that it's so painful and impossible to walk. I am struggling to accept this 😪

• Nightcity

Bless you. Do you have anyone at all to help you, friends, a good neighbour?

• allthecolours

No nobody, my family just aren't supportive at all. I feel very low atm

• Nightcity

how awful for you let's see if we can do something here

@Rachel_Scope @Albus_Scope @Rosie_Scope @Jimm_Scope

• luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 374 Empowering

@allthecolours

Just wanted to pop in and welcome you to the forum.

• allthecolours

Thank you It's lovely to greet you all. I have been feeling so alone with all this, thank you for making me feel welcomed

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,395 Online Community Coordinator

Heya @allthecolours and it's a big ole welcome from me too.

I'm so sorry you've been feeling alone, we're all here for support and chats whenever you need us. 😊

• bennysmum
    bennysmum Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hi

I joined just in the last hour and I just wanted to say hello

You are not alone, you hang on in there

• Bluebell21
    Bluebell21 Community member Posts: 1,791 Pioneering

Hi @allthecolours Welcome to the Community. You could apply for a health and social care assessment. This is carried out by Social Services to find out what help and support you need - like healthcare, equipment, help in your home.

I hope you are able to get some help. Take care.

• Durhamshire
    Durhamshire Community member Posts: 20 Contributor

Hi there. I find the Forum & Scope very supportive. I am very isolated, with no family around and a negligible support network. I will help You if I can.

I have severe anxiety, depression and physical condition Mafucci's Syndrome. Affects my hands and lower right arm. Limited movement, dexterity, painful, 3 fingers amputated, haemangiomas (some calcified). I get very frustrated and find difficulty doing everyday things.

• Bluebell21
    Bluebell21 Community member Posts: 1,791 Pioneering

Hi @bennysmum Welcome to the Community. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. Any questions just ask. Take care.

• allthecolours

Thank you all for making me feel so welcomed it means a lot. The isolation is awful but you've all made me feel so much better, thank you