Housing benefit refused
Hi, my name is Max, and I hope you can help me. I haven't updated my Universal Credit tenancy agreement for two years. When I tried to update it, Universal Credit told me that I must separate my utility bills from my actual rent. My landlord is very supportive, and my entire monthly payment currently goes toward housing, so I do not pay separately for utilities. The only utilities used in the house are electricity and water—there is no gas, and services like Wi-Fi or a TV licence are not provided or included. However, my caseworker asked in my journal how much I pay toward bills.
I am confused about whether I should write '£0' or enter an estimated amount like £25 or £30 a month. Universal Credit has already refused my housing update twice because my tenancy agreement states 'all bills included.' What is the correct step to take? Should my landlord write a letter to Universal Credit confirming a breakdown between rent and the electricity/water charges? I rent a room in a shared house and live with a severe mental health disability, so I would really appreciate your guidance to make sure my claim is not refused again.
Categories
- All Categories
- 16.4K Start here and say hello!
- 7.7K Coffee lounge
- 122 Games den
- 1.8K People power
- 190 Announcements and information
- 25.8K Talk about life
- 6.2K Everyday life
- 437 Current affairs
- 2.5K Families and carers
- 888 Education and skills
- 2K Work
- 631 Money and bills
- 3.8K Housing and independent living
- 1.2K Transport and travel
- 673 Relationships
- 1.6K Mental health and wellbeing
- 2.6K Talk about your impairment
- 885 Rare, invisible, & undiagnosed conditions
- 949 Neurological impairments and pain
- 2.3K Cerebral Palsy Network
- 1.3K Autism and neurodiversity
- 41.7K Talk about your benefits
- 6.2K Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- 20.6K PIP, DLA, ADP & AA
- 9.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 5.4K Benefits and income